Time for Good Food

I love summer. I love gardening. I love good food. Those three things naturally go together.

Most of us want to eat well. That means preparing fresh, seasonal foods that taste great. This summer, I have a bounty of cherry tomatoes and cucumbers in my garden. I also am growing dill, parsley and garlic. When I was invited to a beach picnic, I decided to create a Greek dip (tzatziki) by combining plain Chobani Greek yogurt, lemon juice, dill, parsley and garlic to serve with my freshly harvested vegetables.

The people at the beach picnic practically inhaled the appetizer. Who says eating healthy food is boring? Not only that, but a recipe like this is very easy to prepare.





Greek (Tzatziki) Dip
1 6 oz. package nonfat Greek yogurt
1 Tbs. fresh lemon juice
1 Tbs. freshly chopped dill
1 Tbs. freshly chopped parsley
1 finely chopped garlic clove
pinch salt (to taste)

Wash all the herbs carefully, then dry and chop them.
Mix together all the ingredients and refrigerate for at least an hour to meld the flavors.  
Stir before serving.

I also use this dip on my homemade chicken souvlaki, made with fresh herbs, which I serve with Greek salad and pita bread.




No comments: